Nikon Refused D750 Shutter Factory Recall repair do to dirty camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mitchton New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon Refused D750 Shutter Factory Recall repair do to dirty camera

I shoot pictures at the beach and because of this Nikon has decided to void a factory recall on my camera. The camera my beloved D750 is my constant companion and I carry a massive 28-300 with it so I really rarely have to change lenses. My saga began on a reddit post about a factory recall for my camera. Being diligent I check my serial number and sure enough my fully functional camera is affected Nikon will take care of it, good news. Bad news I live in Central America.

The procedures of trying to confirm different pickup and drop off addresses , email problems, failure to escalate, not resolved and eventually figure it out myself.

The universe provides and 2 dear friends are returning to Canada and will take my camera and follow the provided shipping instructions to return it to Nikon. I am without my comopanion but I think all is well.

I then recieve an email from Nikon your camera has water damaged and the only alternative is to buy a replacement body for {$$$} Had I sent them a 3 month submerged relic I could understand. however it was my pride and joy working flawlessly.

The camera functioned perfectly and They never opened the camera to determine if there was actual water damage So if i had cleaned my camera to a unknown standard of clean there is a high likelihood it may have been repaired. And then what level of clean is acceptable? parents visiting? Surgical scrub room? or heavan forbid Grandma clean. My camera is dirtier than most because i use it every day. The fact that takes great pictures day in day out should be a point of pride.

Worst case i get it back as I left it but with a shutter that can fail. I could have cleaned before I shipped it and there probably would have been no problem.

Be aware.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow