iMac and Fuji XT2 file transfers

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tsglover New Member • Posts: 7
iMac and Fuji XT2 file transfers

Hi,

New to the forums and just acquired a Fuji XT2 camera.  I am trying to set up the camera to transfer files to the iMac and have run into a couple of problems.   In trying to transfer files to the iMac using a USB connection, the only place I see that there is a connection is in the iPhoto application.  It does not show up in the Finder app under devices.  I can import JPEG pictures into iPhoto using the USB connection, but if I have a RAW picture or a combination RAW and JPEG picture, it will not import into Photos.  Am I missing something in regards to importing photos via the USB connection?  If not then is the only way to transfer the pictures to the iMac to directly connect the SD card to the iMac?

The other issue is that RAW files of pictures show up as ***.RAF files, which I think is an Affinity related RAW file?  I had done a trial of Affinity photo but that has expired, and wonder if somehow because of this the files are showing up ass ***.RAF files.  Is this correct and is this a problem if I end up trying to use Adobe or other programs for RAW file conversions to JPEG?  If so, what should I do?

Thanks!

Tom

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow