Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
sludge21017
sludge21017 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: External recorder

edform wrote:

sludge21017 wrote:

edform wrote:

sludge21017 wrote:

I just bought a micro HDMI connector last week and I have hooked up my RX10IV to a monitor. (I did have a bad experience by not first muting the mic of a different camera or muting monitor volume. I had some nasty screeching feedback!)

In 1080p/60fps - it pulls .40A, and when recording pulls about .65A from my wall charger.

In 4K, it pulls .75A, while recording to SD card it pulls about .81A.

If you are not in movie mode, all of the display is diverted to the monitor (overlays) and the camera display blanks out.

If you are in movie mode, the movie goes to the monitor, and the display has the overlays.

But does it only output to the external connection or does it also record internally?

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

It said it was recording and consuming more power and the light was flashing on the camera, so I had no reason to not believe it.

I haven't looked at the SD card. But I'm sure it did record and output at the same time just fine.

You've missed my point - if it records to the SD card at the same time as it outputs to HDMI it could run out of card space before the required time was up.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

Yes, I did miss your point.

It looks like it would honor the HDMI output nonetheless.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow