Major gear acquisition syndrome... can't decide which lens

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LinuxJon Regular Member • Posts: 197
Major gear acquisition syndrome... can't decide which lens

Basically have three lenses right now for my a6500. The Zeiss 24 f/1.8, the Sony 50 f/1.8 OSS, and the Sony 85 f/1.8

I'm just getting into photography. The main idea was to shoot my family when I got all of the gear, but now I'm discovering I enjoy landscape, street, ect as well.

I actually have some gift credit on B&H I'm looking to spend... don't want to go over $700 (max)

The zoom lenses just don't interest me. I do a lot of stuff indoors, and f/4 would be terrible. I know, I've tried stopping down my prime lenses in our living room.

Would I do better to fill in the gap between the 24mm and the 50mm with something like the Zeiss 35 2.8, or would I do better to get a wide lens (either the Sigma 16 1.4 or the Samyang 12 2.0)? Any other lenses I should consider?

LinuxJon's gear list:LinuxJon's gear list
Sony a5000 Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +2 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow