Aikido practice ( Nikon D4s - Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35 and 85 )

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dodi73
Dodi73 Senior Member • Posts: 1,827
Aikido practice ( Nikon D4s - Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35 and 85 )

Hello everyone
tonight I tried doing something really unusual. My son had his Aikido practice in Parma with his fellows and I tried to work with D4s and the two *manual focus lenses* I had.
After a few attempts I think I managed to achieve focus by placing myself as parallel as I could to the practictioners and presetting focus where I expected the technique to happen. Believe me or not, in not even one hour I took something less than 700 photos in small burst. Of course not all of them will be in perfect focus nor interesting but I'm really curious to see the outcome. Here's the very first image I took (in some of them you see the neon hue)
I'd invite you to give a look at the gallery (it will take time to be fully uploaded, but of course I won't upload all of them) - however as far as I can see - and even cropping sometimes - I think there's a right balance between sharpness and motion blur (again: keep in mind I had to focus MANUALLY, thus accuracy can't be 100% every time) - here's the gallery:
https://italy74.smugmug.com/ALLTHEREST/Sport/Aikido-pratica-Parma-150218/
Actually only a few images of the last part of the practice are up, more will come tomorrow
D4s - Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85mm 1/500s - F2.8 - 2800 ISO

Tai sabaki / Irimi ten kan

-- hide signature --

All the best from northern Italy, Dino.
I'm on the NIK side of photography.

Dodi73's gear list:Dodi73's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Zeiss Milvus 35mm F1.4 +2 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D4S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow