Shooting from inside a car- soft photos

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BobdoIe Regular Member • Posts: 112
Re: Shooting from inside a car- soft photos

MTBColorado wrote:

Thanks, it was intensely sunny and cold which I believe is the primary culprit. As I reviewed other photos from that day subjects that were closer were sharp and my hit rate was better when shooting out the driver side window which allowed me to have the lens outside the car. I tested lens afterwards in "normal conditions" and focus was spot on. It was a good, if frustrating, lesson in atmospheric conditions and photography.

I hear you. Incredibly frustrating!

Sometimes getting away from the car/road doesnt help me. I've tried live view - too slow. What works best for me if shooting over any sort of distance (and I've looked at my initial images to confirm issues due to shooting when the sun is out and heating stuff up) is I just stop down to f8 and manual focus. I have a DK-17M for the 1.2x viewfinder magnification which I found to be very helpful in these cases. If heat wave are too abundant, not much I can do except maybe a rain dance or come back another time.

BobdoIe's gear list:BobdoIe's gear list
HP Photosmart 320 Kodak EasyShare CX6200 Pentax EI-100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow