Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Morris0
OP Morris0 Senior Member • Posts: 2,659
Re: Dunlin get a surprise

dwa1 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

dwa1 wrote:

Morris,

Very nice series here. All of these captures have their own unique appeal to them.

Did you know that the Snowy was there before you started shooting the Dunlins?

With the 550mm in the Exif, it looks like you are still awaiting a Sigma firmware update?

Thanks for posting your images here.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne,

I was photographing the owl when the dunlyn flew in so yes I knew it was there and was ready to grab the flight shot with the owl in the background.

The 550mm exif for 600mm needs to be corrected by an adjustment that I don't know how to do. I'm shore a Sigma tech would take the cover off the lens, turn a screw and have it perfect in a few minutes. This would require a trip to Japan, not worth the wait.

Morris

Hi Morris.

Since I am considering the lens (150-600 OS Sports), I am wondering why you would have to send it to Japan for repair / adjustment?

This link says they are located in Ronkonkoma, NY and that there is also an Authorized Service Center in NYC.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/service-support

Thank you for your feedback / info.

Wayne

HI Wayne,

I'm aware of the Ronckonkoma office which I believe is headquarters for Sigma USA.  I did write to Sigma and they did not feel the issue was worth serving as it's a display only issue.  I've come to accept the error.  I have not called the service center, to see if they can do it on site while I wait.  In the past, high end lenses had to go back to Japan.  That was long ago and I don't know if it's still the case.

I'm extremely happy with the 150-600 Sport.  It never fails to preform and is super sharp and tracks well.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow