GXR Firmware

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
N Desmond Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Re: Old post on updating modules and backs

repst13 wrote:

Thanks for the info! That's fascinating. If this firmware was used to correct a relatively minor bug why wouldn't they release it to users? The problem with the S10's did not seem to require service center intervention. Odd.

As for your SD cards the Ricoh site says 64MB's of space so I am sure you can create that space on the 16GB cards you own by removing a few files, adding the firmware files, then updating your camera. There doesn't seem to be any need to buy new cards unless you want to

Yes, the firmware update instructions are a pain since you have to repeat the procedure with every lens module you attach to your GXR body.

Well, obviously had a brain blip between the MB and GB! That makes my day. Thanks for the catch!

Don’t know the deal with why they don’t include bug correction, but I’m guessing it’s because not all cameras develop the issue. One of my used purchases was a back paired with S module and wide angle conversion lens. Firmware for both is 1.51. A company within U.S. was selling a bunch (no lens protection or original trim, charger, cords or manual). That thing works like a charm.

N Desmond's gear list:N Desmond's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow