Resale value?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jbent1 Forum Member • Posts: 72
Resale value?

There is much talk about the new GX9, the good and bad features.  I see it as a nice upgrade to the Gx85 and appealing.

My issue is the cost. If I was newly coming from a phone camera and new to digital cameras , I would gravitate to the big three naturally. If size mattered then Canon M and certainly Sony. The Sony A6000 is cheaper and quite similar to the GX9. Yes I know about the lens differences but how many new buyers really look into that at the outset.

But there is another thing to consider. As a long time amateur photographer I am always ready try new innovations and features, but one thing goes out my door when a new thing comes in.

The one issue that I never see discussed is resale value. I have never had a problem selling my Nikon equipment, usually in a few days. I have found quite the opposite selling Panasonic especially, and sometimes Oly too. Taking a mint low SC camera to my local dealer/chain, the trade in offer is appalling (eg $50 for a G6 with lens).

If I had to choose between a G9 and an Em-1Mkii, I would gravitate toward the latter for that reason, they are much more likely to hold their value. I do not see this discussed at all here. I would like to hear what others have experienced in this regard.

-- hide signature --

JDW

jbent1's gear list:jbent1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow