Resale value?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jbent1 Forum Member • Posts: 76
Resale value?

There is much talk about the new GX9, the good and bad features.  I see it as a nice upgrade to the Gx85 and appealing.

My issue is the cost. If I was newly coming from a phone camera and new to digital cameras , I would gravitate to the big three naturally. If size mattered then Canon M and certainly Sony. The Sony A6000 is cheaper and quite similar to the GX9. Yes I know about the lens differences but how many new buyers really look into that at the outset.

But there is another thing to consider. As a long time amateur photographer I am always ready try new innovations and features, but one thing goes out my door when a new thing comes in.

The one issue that I never see discussed is resale value. I have never had a problem selling my Nikon equipment, usually in a few days. I have found quite the opposite selling Panasonic especially, and sometimes Oly too. Taking a mint low SC camera to my local dealer/chain, the trade in offer is appalling (eg $50 for a G6 with lens).

If I had to choose between a G9 and an Em-1Mkii, I would gravitate toward the latter for that reason, they are much more likely to hold their value. I do not see this discussed at all here. I would like to hear what others have experienced in this regard.

-- hide signature --

JDW

jbent1's gear list:jbent1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EOS M100 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow