How Sony should fix their menu problem

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evilmagicnut Regular Member • Posts: 453
How Sony should fix their menu problem

I'm going to repost comments I made in another thread because I think it would be more interesting to discuss with Sony users:

People tend to underestimate the complexity of UI challenges. I think they should overlay a more user-friendly view into the menus that is more approachable for most users, but I also think they need to keep the pedantic lists that they've got for those of us that want the ultimate in control.

Sony, for example, has great customization of both buttons and menus that I wouldn't want to sacrifice, but it currently comes with a steep learning curve. I say let users program their own pages of menu items and distribute these configurations into the community and see who comes up with the most popular config. In this model, the user configured pages become the main pages and the manufacturer pages become the appendix. Further, add user-defined menu options, that can play like combinations of native options so that users can program "mode" or "macro" quickly. Again, let the user community develop and determine what works best.

So what do you guys think of user-sourced menu configurations?  I would love this stuff, but I accept I may be in the minority for wanting this level of control.  I'll emphasize this is an opt-in interface for users.  Users can stick with the factory setup, but if they want to try what others like then they have the ability to do so.  What Sony should do (IMO) is create the capability and platform for users to collaborate on the UI.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow