D750 randomly makes release bursts with the release mode dial always set to "S"

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chaz F New Member • Posts: 1
D750 randomly makes release bursts with the release mode dial always set to "S"

I sent my D750 to Nikon in July, 2017 because they issued another recall of D750 shutters and my camera was now included. I had no problems with my camera's shutter but I thought that I would get t replaced just-in-case. I sent the camera to Nikon who replaced the shutter and also updated its firmware with the latest version which came out while the camera was in the shop.

After Nikon returned the camera I noticed that very sporadically the camera would make 2, 3, or even 4 releases (until I took my finger off of the button) even thought the release mode dial was always set to "S".

I returned the camera to Nikon in October, 2017. They supposedly replaced the release mode select switch and returned the camera back to me. However, around Christmas I noticed that I was having the same problem.

I returned the camera to Nikon in January, 2018 along with samples of the duplicate images that the camera mistakenly made. They sent the camera back saying that they could not replicate the problem and there was nothing that they could do. I can somewhat understand that because I can't find any pattern either. However, I expect more from a $2000 camera.

The other day I took some shots of the accumulated snow in my front yard. I took a total of 7 shots but wound up with 9 images. On the 4th and 6th shots the camera took 2 releases. All 7 shots were taken in less than 10 minutes in 25F degrees. All were taken with aperture priority (f10) and were NEF's. I made no camera adjustments between the shots.

So, has anyone heard of a similar D750 problem ? Should I return the camera one more time to Nikon or just eliminate the dups in "post" ? I have no other known issues with the camera. Should I count my "blessings" that the camera works properly in all other respects and not bother with sending it in again ?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow