3rd Party D850 EL18-equivalent batteries and chargers

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 14,038
3rd Party D850 EL18-equivalent batteries and chargers

There's been a lot of talk here about 3rd-party grips for the D850, partly because they are so hard to find, mostly because the cost to get to 9fps with Nikon stuff is far too expensive. The thread on grips is pretty long, but it does look like there are lots of options out there, most of which can give 9fps.

Today I got an interesting email from Amazon. It has links for several 3rd party batteries and chargers, in one place.  Hope the links come through ok here.   If nothing else, you may find some brands you had not heard of before.

I personally have a Watson EL18 battery (I can't find a current link to this battery) that cost me $70.   I wanted the Wasabi Power one, but mis-clicked somehow.  My Watson works fine, gives me 9fps.

I also have the Wasabi Power charger, which seems to work great.   It also seems to be sold under other brand names, or at least what looks to be an identical charger.   The charger works fine.

I have both a Nikon BL5 and a 3rd party BL5, but I've not tried the 3rd-party one as it arrived a week after the Nikon one.

Here's the bulk of the email:

Batteries, Chargers & Power Supplies Nikon D4/D5 Digital Camera Battery, Black (EN-EL18b) by Nikon Price: $220.00

Learn more
Add to Wish List
Nikon MH-26 Replacement Dual Channel Battery Charger for... by KAPAXEN Price: $75.00 Ships from and sold by KAPAXEN. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Bevik Dual Camera Battery Charger MH-26 For Nikon D5 D4 D4S... by Bevik Price: $59.80

Sold by discovery channel and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Wasabi Power Battery for Nikon EN-EL18 and Nikon D4, D4S, D5 by Wasabi Power Price: $45.99 Ships from and sold by Blue Nook. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Kastar LCD Dual Smart Fast Charger & Battery (2 PACK) for... by Kastar Price: $85.99

Sold by KastarUSA and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Nikon MB-D18 Battery Grip for D850 by Nikon List Price: $399.95 Price: $396.95 Ships from and sold by PhotoCraft -- District Camera and Imaging. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Nikon MH-26a Battery Charger by Nikon Price: $399.95 Ships from and sold by Unique Photo, Inc.. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Mcoplus Vertical Multiple Function MB-D18 Battery Grip Fit... by Mcoplus List Price: $64.99 Price: $62.99

Sold by Mcoplus Digital and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Nikon EN-EL18 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for D4 Digital SLR by Nikon Price: $145.08

Sold by Photo Savings and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List
Pack of 2 EN-EL18 Batteries for Nikon D4, D4S, D5 Digital SLR... by Big Mike's Price: $129.99

Sold by Big Mike's Electronics and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List
DSTE MH26A 3-in-one Power Battery Charger for Nikon EN-EL18... by DSTE Price: $54.59

Sold by DSTE Technology and Fulfilled by Amazon. Learn more
Add to Wish List

See even more similar items

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D4S Nikon D5 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow