Finally bought a D810

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 12,322
Finally bought a D810

The Brown Santa is bringing it to me this week. That means I have a few more days to stress about hypothetically it will work for me. To wit:

The first thing I'm going to work on is to see what it takes to get as sharp a shot as possible. I get plenty tack sharp shots now with my D600 (and D7200) but rumor has it it's a whole new ball game with the D8xx series.

I've been reading review after review that tell me I have to be at the top of my game with practiced technique to get sharp shots. Then I read the following linked page on the DPReview of the D810 and, quite frankly, it would almost seem impossible to get a sharp hand held shot between 1/30 and 1/125 without using MUP and EFCS.

Tell me that isn't true. I've never used mirror up, live view, never stressed about getting tack sharp shots as long as I'm (handheld) above maybe 1/80.

Here's the link to the page of that review. To those experienced D810 owners, does DPR's results mirror yours?

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d810/17  If this isn't the "Mirror and Shutter Shock" page, please click over to it.

Nikon D600 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow