SD-body for use with M42 and Leica-R lenses

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sjak
Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 3,014
SD-body for use with M42 and Leica-R lenses

I've been bitten by the Sigma-virus after using my DP2 for a while. The colors, just wow!

Now considering my options for a Sigma DP later this year (instead of a DP1s or x) I would mosty use it with my M42 and possibly some Leica R-lenses (I already use these lenses on other systems, but leitaxing the Leica's would still keep them usable on the Fuji and Ricoh GXR)

The SD15 seems one possible option. It is (to my understanding, but correct me if I'm wrong) the same generation sensor as my DP2, and another advantage are the smaller files. A disadvantage (for my anticipated use) is the OVF and 1.7* crop factor. Other specifics that I am missing? (and is the SD14 basically just a slower version of the SD15?)

The SDQHis the other option I am considering. Advantages seem EVF and focus assist, improved ISO performance above 100 , the 1.3* crop factor, and of course buying a new Sigma is a contribution to the Foveon-cause. Disadvantage would be the file size. Other relevant specifics that I am missing?

The SD1M would seem to compare unfavorably to the SDQH, considering the price and my perceived pros of the Quattro. Or doesn't it?

I have little knowledge of the older models. Would in particular the SD10 have other specific qualities for using with vintage manual focus lenses? (besides obviously the smaller file size)

I am curious for user experience from the various SD-cams with M42 & Leica R glass. And pictures of course

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sigma DP2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K100D +4 more
Sigma DP1s Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow