GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,703
Re: GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

situman1 wrote:

brentbrent wrote:

situman1 wrote:

larsbc wrote:

I don't know. There would be less anger and disappointment about this camera if it was called GX95.

I really really really doubt that to be the case.

Oh, if it were named the GX95, then all of we GX8 fans could still hold out hope for a true successor, so there would be no anger and disappointment about this camera. It IS a nice successor to the GX85. Also, the GX85 was released at $800 with the 12-32 lens. This camera is $1,000 with the better 12-60 lens. Do you really think that Panasonic will in the future release a GX95 that slots in between the GX85 and this so-called GX9?

If anyone really wanted a big new GX9, then more of you should have bought the GX8. I highly doubt that Panasonic would have shrunk the GX9 if the size of the GX8 was a huge sales hit.

They could probably shrink the size a little from the GX8 and still make a camera that is an upgrade from the GX8 in all respects. I bet it would sell great. GX8 sales probably started slowly because people weren't used to the size, and because of DPR's review about SS. I think a "true" GX9 would sell very well.

The only thing they can shrink is the grip. Then the "big grip" lovers will come out in full force complaining and whining about how big their hands are and need the big grip. There will always be something for someone to complain about. Perhaps the "G95" will be the true successor.

GX8 Mk II?  😉

-- hide signature --

NHT

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow