GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,696
Re: nice camera, but..

Nemo0815 wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

For me a two year old Pen F is a better camera. Still it is nice to see that Panasonic has not forgotten the small camera lovers.

Well yeah, the Pen F looks nicer, but... that's about it.

Totally overpriced, slow, awful AF and video. Even 2 years ago it was quite outdated.

Not over priced. Olympus’ color rendition is still better than Panasonic, S-AF is as fast as anything out there. Olympus still offers far more customization of your Image in camera than anything on the market (regardless of sensor size and price). Olympus PEN-F has the Hi-Res mode - which the GX9 lacks (automatic deal breaker for me). Yes, C-AF and Video are better In the GX9 but that’s it. The GX9 could have been great, but as is it’s just good. The Price is good, the kit lens is good, the overall specs are good (some great, some poor) So yes, it’s good but I’ll keep my Pen-F and enjoy it for a quite some time.

-- hide signature --

NHT

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow