GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Greenwood Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Despite having no interest I think Panasonic have got this absolutely right. It fits as a rangefinder style model alongside the more DSLR styled G80 and at a similar price point. There are some things that the G80 has that the GX9 doesn't and vice versa but generally they appeal in price and specs to the same level of photographer. The tilty screen (I don't like them ) is good and will make a lot of people happy. Maybe we can continue with future rangefinder styles while keeping us FAS fans happy on the DSLR styled models. I do have the impression that GX fans do make up the bulk of the tilty fans. I was sceptical about the high pricing of the G9 but it now seems much more reasonable and if we can maintain the G80 and GX9 price point for future development probably with a starter rangefinder style model, then I think Panny have got a great range. Well done Panasonic.

-- hide signature --

GX9 is fine if you like the handling of the "rangefinder" series.I prefer the handling of the DSLR shape i.e.G7, G80 and G9. G9 is great apart from size plus weight and some would say price.

I am probably waiting until Panasonic plus GX9 innards especially the sensor  in something the size, shape and weight of  the G80
PMG

Paul Greenwood's gear list:Paul Greenwood's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow