GX9 : the new essential m4/3 camera?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,446
Disappointed with m4/3

shinndigg wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

No enthusiast camera's. It is either the absolute high end or something that is reasonably good. The 1000-1200 euro (body only) segment seems to be lost on both manufaturers.

I agree, mostly. For me, the EM10III was somewhat of a disappointment, the way that it was dumbed down in some of it's features. Personally, I can't justify the EM5II price, nor this GX9 price point. I don't particularly care for the tonality of the G80, nor do I particularly care for the ergonomics. So, I'll wait. Heck, I waited for almost 5 years before I replaced my EPL1...

I’m not being mean with this observation: It seems that the entire current m4/3 ecosystem disappoints you. Is that a fair statement? If that’s true, or close, why?

Edit: I see further down in this thread that you are a little more positive, but I’ll let my question stand

Jim Pilcher
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Life is a breeze by the sea

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow