RX100M5 Battery life - dependable at all?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KBKB Senior Member • Posts: 2,907
Re: RX100M5 Battery life - dependable at all?

Sener wrote:

Hello,

In all reviews of the camera I'm reading about 220 CIPA shots and how expected battery life drastically dropped as they moved forward the iterations. I know it's about the video features. But...

I'll only be considering this camera to shoot stills. I rarely shoot video. My late RX100M3 was very dependable in terms of this; it gave me 2+ good days of shooting (I keep the camera switched off between shots).

How's the M5 doing in this scenario?

My shooting style is the same - I turn the camera off between shots and shoot only stills.

I also own both the M3 and the M5.  I still use the M3 when doing hikes around water or in similar situations.

With regard to battery life, I haven't noticed any difference between the M3 and the M5. I can't think of a time when I've had the battery run out on me.  I do, however, download the pictures and recharge the battery at the end of the day.  When I've checked, it usually shows that it has at least half the charge left.

KBKB's gear list:KBKB's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7R II Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow