Synergy or VNC?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
BearLeeAble
OP BearLeeAble Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Synergy or VNC?

Eric Carlson wrote:

Doesn't Synergy need a separate monitor for each computer? And it allows the keyboard and mouse, connected to one of the computers, to work across all of them.

VNC is similar to remote Desktop, except that it doesn't use a virtual desktop. Also, does it support sound, or do you plan to feed all the computers into one audio system.

It's been many years since I've used either. I have a lot of recent experience with Remote Desktop.

You could also get an actual KVM. For a little while recently, I used a KVM for only mouse and keyboard switching, and switched video by changing inputs on my primary monitor with the monitor's buttons/menu. But, since all the computers I usually work with, other than Android, Raspberry Pi, and one Linux laptop, run Windows, I usually use Remote Desktop.

oh heck!! your correct, I only have the one monitor, kbd, mouse, webcam, studio mic, speaker setup.
Irregardless of which machine is primary ( mini vs pc ) they will all feed audio and everything into one pc.

BearLeeAble's gear list:BearLeeAble's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Adobe Photoshop CS6 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow