What are some good film cameras that not many people talk of?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
manueljenkin Forum Member • Posts: 76
What are some good film cameras that not many people talk of?

I'd be more interested in things that have certain unique capabilities (regardless of whether it is actually that much helpful or not). I'd be more interested in cameras that can do things that modern cameras actually can't (or don't). Or things that are technical landmarks - like first to do "x" feature.

The ones I have seen and liked are

1. Maxxum 9 - metering system, 1/12000th of a shutter speed

2. Maxxum 7 - STF mode

3. Nikonos 5 (and other models) - underwater full frame camera with interchangeable lens. The closest to it currently is Leica x-u but it is still aps-c and most importantly fixed lens. The only other options are some bulky underwater housings.

4. Mamiya 7, Plaubel Makina, Fuji - 6*7 film, almost 5 times the area of a full frame sensor. And still being as compact of a camera as can be.

5. Contax AX - autofocus with manual focus lens

6. Minolta CLE - idk, I just find this interesting for some reason.

7. Manual film advance cameras - the ability to double expose images.

I had written down some other cameras that I forgot. I'll have to include them when I get back home (it'll take me a week to get back). I'd like to know other cameras that you people find unique/great. And also cameras that are made unique by their lens collection would also be great.

Leica X-U (Typ 113)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow