$500 dollar Panny 12-35mm vs $1000 Olly 12-40mm ?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Donzac Regular Member • Posts: 118
$500 dollar Panny 12-35mm vs $1000 Olly 12-40mm ?

I have an EM1 Mark II and I love taking photos in the rain and  I am presently using the 12-50mm for this task but it is too slow at the long end.

To replace the  !2-50mm I can buy a used Panny Mark 1 or used Olly. They both come with 3-month warranties and are both in excellent optical condition but the Panny has some cosmetic wear and is half the price.

Which would you suggest I buy, taking into account I can afford the Olympus but like most people have other things competing for my disposable income?

I guess my main concern is the weather sealing of the Panny. I have been out in some pretty wild weather with my 12-50mm and it and my camera have not missed a beat.  I really like the 12-50mm and will not sell it, I even think it looks good on my camera,:)

BTW I am not from the States and that is why the used prices seem high.

Donzac's gear list:Donzac's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow