$500 dollar Panny 12-35mm vs $1000 Olly 12-40mm ?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Donzac Regular Member • Posts: 103
$500 dollar Panny 12-35mm vs $1000 Olly 12-40mm ?

I have an EM1 Mark II and I love taking photos in the rain and  I am presently using the 12-50mm for this task but it is too slow at the long end.

To replace the  !2-50mm I can buy a used Panny Mark 1 or used Olly. They both come with 3-month warranties and are both in excellent optical condition but the Panny has some cosmetic wear and is half the price.

Which would you suggest I buy, taking into account I can afford the Olympus but like most people have other things competing for my disposable income?

I guess my main concern is the weather sealing of the Panny. I have been out in some pretty wild weather with my 12-50mm and it and my camera have not missed a beat.  I really like the 12-50mm and will not sell it, I even think it looks good on my camera,:)

BTW I am not from the States and that is why the used prices seem high.

Donzac's gear list:Donzac's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow