A question for ***Mini-Challenge*** participants...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nannyg
nannyg Senior Member • Posts: 1,749
A question for ***Mini-Challenge*** participants...

Disclaimer; This question does not necessarily arise out of the current challenge (which is fun and unique), but rather out of observing a large number of challenges over the past 3-4 years;

The question, as simply put as I can state it, is this; Which matters more, the object(s) in the photograph or the way in which the photograph was taken?

I ask because I see these as two distinctly different things and it seems to me that we often fail to distinguish between them. It is, to some degree, a version of the classic (and sometimes tiresome) question of what is "photography" and what are "snapshots".

A photograph of something as mundane and a dandelion can be stunningly beautiful if taken in a deliberate and artistic manner, while a photograph of the most amazing refurbished 1963 mustang convertible can be as dull as dishwater if all the photographer did was lift the camera to the eye and snap the shutter.

I have my opinion on this matter, but I would rather stay silent and let others have a discussion. I would rather just read the responses and let whatever the majority thinks be the standard. But I would suggest that the most "politically correct" responses are probably not the most helpful.

Have at it.....

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow