Making jump to Fuji, a few questions

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dpcane Regular Member • Posts: 282
Making jump to Fuji, a few questions

I shoot a Pentax k3, Ricoh GR and LX100 currently. I really enjoy the control system of the Panasonic lx100 over a mode dial, which lead me to Fuji. I am still keeping my other gear, which I use for street (GR) and for architectural photography (K3 and Sigma 8-16/ 10-24), but am looking at a x-pro2 and lenses mostly for family and general purpose photography. Smaller and lighter than the k3, and I use LV alot, which isn't great on the Pentax. The lx100 image quality is just ok, and the camera doesn't inspire a lot of creativity in me. It's mostly a quick snap shot and video device. So I am taking the control layout I like and want to marry it with a bigger sensor and some more creative lens options than the lx100.

I need some lens advice. I shoot 50% inside the house, 50% on the street, and am shooting a moving 4 and 7 year old often. So I need fast AF but fast lenses as well. It seems with either the 23, 35, or 50mm, the choice is fast small and silent with the f2's, or more light gathering but slower and louder with the F1.4's? Why can't we have it all? The 16mm f1.4 seems interesting, as I have the 15mm sunburst monster for Pentax, that's not a shallow dof lens, so I'm curious about the creative options of the Fuji. The 56 seems tempting with the 1.2, but a little long for indoors. The F2.8 50-140mm zoom seems like a decent choice as well, but double the price of my Pentax comparable.

Yes, I can get all this in my current system, but the lenses are loud, af isn't great, and my 50-135 motor just gave out. But the Fuji equivalents are really pricey in comparison. Yikes!

Anyone come from Pentax? Thoughts? What lenses would you choose in my situation? I use a Sigma 30mm f1.4 for inside stuff now. Not married to the focal length, but it works fine.

I am sure I will bug you all with more questions as I move forward, but it's a start.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow