Ordered an FZ2500 and having second thoughts (sorry, another FZ2000/FZ2500 lens thread!)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
geepondy Senior Member • Posts: 1,921
Re: Nothing will ease your mind - to 2eyesee

Your tests were really handy in getting a baseline comparison but I would suggest now taking some real shots as to how you will be using the camera.  Like I said, if I was overly concerned with corner softness I would not have my Canon G7X II.  After observing soft corners in brick wall tests, it was not nearly as apparent in real life shots.  Maybe much of it was because the corners were not on the same focal plane so were blurry to begin with.

I'm glad to see the overall sharpness in your shots appear to be much better than the DP studio scene example.

2eyesee wrote:

IAMAI wrote:

Thanks for reporting back to the forum what you have found. Many people never come back to say they found a solution or whatever happened with their issue.

No problem. I've got some better shots now on a new thread if you want to check them out.

I would say congrats on the new camera. Hope you feel a little relieved to see your decent results. I would just check again at different f stops, as someone with a Sony camera had problems only when the lens was wide open. Although that has little bearing on a Panasonic, it's something you might want to look at to be perfectly satisfied.

I'm still a little undecided if I'm happy or not with the lens. The corners aren't good when pixel-peeping, but I don't know if that makes any practical difference at typical viewing/print sizes.

geepondy's gear list:geepondy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G7 X II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow