Does photography interfere with one's enjoyment of travel

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boss of Sony Senior Member • Posts: 1,470
Does photography interfere with one's enjoyment of travel

When I think about or plan travel overseas, or even locally, I often find myself imagining the beautiful scenes I will photograph, and I also imagine myself showing these photos to my friends/family. But I rarely imagine myself actually enjoying the scenes with my own eyes.

What I'm concerned about is that fussing too much about getting nice photos to show others may interfere with my ability to actually be in the moment and enjoy the scene purely with my natural vision, without any distracting thoughts.

Furthermore, I noticed that when travelling I will often exert a great deal of effort to arrive at a location that I think will be conducive to a good photograph, but I rarely exert such great effort for my own enjoyment. If I don't have a camera, I'm more content to just go with the flow than to ensure I arrive at the spot with the best view.

Any thoughts on this?

-- hide signature --
 Boss of Sony's gear list:Boss of Sony's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
dmi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow