lighting advice for large furniture

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
Lintl Junior Member • Posts: 35
lighting advice for large furniture

After weeks of researching the right camera/lens combo, I am looking to take it one step further with proper lighting.

I plan on shooting with my Olympus Pen F in HiRes mode on a tripod, with low ISO, anywhere between f4 and f8, and whatever shutter speed it will take to get to a satisfactory result.

I want to start with dining tables with up to 2.50m (8ft) in length.

One user on a thread here on DPR regarding this same topic recommended continuous lighting, but since the advice is about 15 years old now, I was hoping to get some more updated info (and ideally buying tips) on LED lighting.

- how many lights are minimum - how many are preferable?

- how much power do I typically need for a larger furniture piece?

- additional gear needed (reflectors, diffusion/soft-box, etc?)

- or should I be looking at another lighting system altogether (strobes/speed-lights)?

I don't need this to be portable - no batteries required. Though I don't have a particular studio, I will be shooting mostly in my own workshop (sometimes in a home) - power outlets can be made available. That said, the equipment won't be stationary.

Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow