The sharpest lens in the known universe...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike CH Veteran Member • Posts: 9,631
Re: But...

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

But, as some people call this lens a great lens, sharpness apparently isn’t even necessary for greatness.

Well great is subjective. I did say other factors matter too. I wouldn't call that lens great or even good but for someone who is looking for that look it is.

What I think about that lens is not printable, at least not on DPR - I’ve tried and half the sentence does no get through the filter 😇

But each to their own, photography is much more subjective than many people around here think or want to admit.

That said, for my personal purposes, a lens must have a certain sharpness.

Regards, Mike

Oh goody, I can't wait for the opportunity to spend several thousand dollars on a lens that replicates the effect of a bit of vaseline spread on a UV filter. And that doesn't even consider the several thousand dollars I'd need to spend on a camera that it fits on.

If you use sufficient Vaseline and a piece of string, I guess you can fit it to most any camera without degrading the IQ noticeable 🤓

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...
I hardly ever speak for anybody but myself. In the cases where I do mean to speak generally the statements are likely to be marked as such.

Mike CH's gear list:Mike CH's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow