1DX II and poor 1080p video...

Started Sep 27, 2016 | Discussions thread
mablacksv
mablacksv Contributing Member • Posts: 752
Re: 1DX II and poor 1080p video...

Dave Boy wrote:

Some reviewers have reported that the 1080p video coming out of the 1DX II is poor...

https://www.cinema5d.com/canon-1d-x-mark-ii-vs-canon-1d-c-which-one-shoots-better-video/

That's unfortunate, since 1080p is probably more important to me than 4K. Just wondering if other people are having the same experience. I know that both the 5D IV and the 1DX II are primary geared towards still shooters, but it would be nice if the 1DX II at the very least had decent 1080p video. Having a decent 1080p video with dual pixel autofocus would be huge to me.

I know next to nothing about video, but the little bit of 120fps 1080p video I've shot with my 1DX II has been nothing short of amazing IMO.  I've shot some very high level dance and power and rhythmic gymnastics.  Everyone who's seen my clips have been impressed with the quality, including some people who shoot video for a living.  The AF tracked world class athletes running towards me at full speed then hitting a mini-tramp (during the double mini-tramp competition).

John

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow