B&H Disappointment Nikon 20mm 1.8

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mrjpack Contributing Member • Posts: 752
B&H Disappointment Nikon 20mm 1.8

So i ordered a Nikon 20mm 1.8 last week and it arrived today. I eagerly opened the box as i have a trip up to the Carolina's on Wednesday. As I unpackaged the lens I notice the plastic carrier it comes in is cracked or torn. I pull out and inspect the lens only to notice the bayonet is missing. Do a quick check of the Nikon sight to see that I wasn't wrong & it should have been included, which it was. Look at the front of the lens and I see lots of circles like someone tried to clean it and did a poor job. So I call up B&H and the first persons says they will overnight a new one, but he has to pass me on to an agent. The next guy says to return it & they will send me a new one in 3-5 days after they receive it. I ask what can I do as I am leaving on a trip in two days and he says I can buy another one and then get my money back when I return the obviously used one they sent me.

In some ways I understand the policy, on the other hand, why should I have to put out another $800 to get what they should have sent me in the first place? Am I wrong to think this is poor customer service? He said I could use it and then return it after my trip but if something accidentally happens and its not in perfect condition, I own it....

I have bought most of my equipment from them over the years so this kind of rubs me the wrong way. I guess in this day and age we have lots of choices, am I over reacting? Or maybe its time to find a dealer that is a bit more personal and cares about the customer a little more....

Jim

mrjpack's gear list:mrjpack's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow