Coolpix A jpegs: What picture profile(s) do you use?

Started Feb 4, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kierenlon
kierenlon Contributing Member • Posts: 827
Coolpix A jpegs: What picture profile(s) do you use?

After a break of using my coolpix A in lieu of a mobile phone (always with me, easy to charge, good at geotagging, panorama etc) I have decided I like the quality of the coolpix when printing above 5x7 inches. So I am using the coolpix A again.

In the past I used adobe Lightroom but to be honest, a value my available time more than sitting infront of lightroom sorting and editing raw images. So in regards to that, I shoot raw + jpeg (may as well have the raw, in case I change my mind) and use a USB-OTG SD card reader to move my Nikon jpeg files to an android phone for editing in one of the free photoshop or snapseed apps. I find this is a better use of time as I can often curate and edit in 'dead' time, like when waiting for food at a cafe, on public transport, etc.

At the moment I am kind of torn between flaat11, and Nikon's standard. Of course, having the raw means I can edit further at the computer or on the phone if needed by my midrange 2015 android chokes a little bit on raw editing.

For what it's worth, you can create your own picture profiles and there are pre-made ones with previews at the following link:

https://nikonpc.com/
Please do add if you have any other useful links / pofiles

kierenlon's gear list:kierenlon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow