Very underrated camera

Started Jan 29, 2018 | User reviews thread
JohnnyLuddite Senior Member • Posts: 1,222
Re: Very underrated camera

Michael1000 wrote:

I see plenty of video created without going to full scale production with tripod, lights and audio gear. Why don't you demand those same things for stills, tripod, lights, reflectors? Most people are just trying to capture some video, not produce a feature film.

It sounds like many people are complaining, because they don't have any experience shooting video, or they just plain suck at it.

Yep, people take lots of video without tripod, lights and audio - and most of it is unbearable.  Requiring that for stills is not always relevant or necessary.  For example, whereas lighting is obviously important, then strobes are a solution for stills.

If you just want to "capture some video", then an rx100 with IS is not at all shabby.

I do have a lot of experience with video, as it happens.  And in the context of a D610 evaluation, I don't think video would be big feature for most.  If it is, then a D610 is unlikely to be the most relevant.

JohnnyLuddite's gear list:JohnnyLuddite's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow