Favorite or most used lenses on your Df, after all this time..

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
solamnus
OP solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,317
Re: Favorite or most used lenses on your Df, after all this time..

WarrenInOntario wrote:

Favourite lenses include the little 28 f/2.8 AIS which is very nice for a manual, light walk around lens. A sample is posted below. If I had to choose only one lens for my Df it would probably be the 135 f/2 DC which feels just right and yields stunning results if I do say so.. Many times on vacation if I am in hostile situations it will be the 24-70 but like you I find it a bit too large and heavy. I will carry only the 135 or the zoom, seldom both due to weight and I am 70+ . However, I will compromise convenience to avoid changing lenses when in moist or dusty environments.

The 16mm fisheye is also always in my bag for those special moments and, needless to say, I am addicted to this little lens when really wide vistas are required. I will often convert to rectilinear in post using software.

There are others which I occasionally carry including the nifty 50 f/1.8 but the selections above satisfy 90% of my needs.

Hope that helps..

Warren

Nice images. A 16 would be quite cool. I used to have the zeiss distagon 21 and liked that a lot for landscapes etc. But the widest i have now is 24 .

/martin

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow