Please help reduce noise

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Le Kilt Senior Member • Posts: 2,281
Re: Please help reduce noise

GovAUS wrote:

Hi,

I took two photos below with my Canon 7D Mk I with a Sigma 150-600mm lens at ISO 100, 600mm and f6.3 on a tripod.

The qantas aircraft was taken at 1/600s and Singapore at 1/250. Both photos taken with early morning sun 7:00am.

The raw images appear to have quite some noise. I dont know whether this is due to atmospheric issues due to distance from aircraft or my settings.

Any advice on post processing or change to Camera settings to improve clarity would be appreciated. I use Lightroom Clasic.

I also have a 5D mk IV which I could have used - but dont believe the camera is the issue.

Regards

You're too far away with that lens and sensor to get a really good result, look at how much the plane fills the frame, it could do with being twice the size in the pic. So instead, we zoom in and see a bit of softness and noise.

But, with a little noice reduction cleaning and some sharpening (as GovAUS else showed) you'll get a much nicer result.

Le Kilt's gear list:Le Kilt's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow