Aperture and macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Started Jan 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
historianx
historianx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: Aperture and macOS Sierra 10.12.3

running Aperture 3.6 on OSX Sierra 10.12.6 just fine on my mid-2011iMac and late 2013 MBPr. HOWEVER...

A few days back I tried to open Aperture from the iMac's task bar, and got a small window that said "Aperture is in the Process of Updating, Please Try later."

Hah?

Since there were no updating operations going in the background--and I could not find any instances of this occurring since 2012--I shut the computer down and restarted. I then opened Aperture from the task bar OK. I did all the permissions and repair procedures.

But the next day, the same thing happened. So I figured the application was somehow corrupted, and deleted it off the applications list. I then took my fresh backup copy of Aperture 3.6 (one that I downloaded free when I updated to Mavericks a few years ago when that upgrade from Snow Leopard deleted the Aperture app) and reinstalled it in my app folder. No issues since.

(Snow Leopard to Mavericks was pretty painful, but Mavericks > Yosemite > Sierra all went very well.)

I believe what happened is I was using the free download from Mavericks forward to Yosemite and then Sierra (which unlike SL > Mavericks carried the app through the updates). Somehow I think that version got corrupted. Pretty strange stuff.

No issues with Aperture on the MBPr. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please post.

-- hide signature --

http://jamesmbailey.com
Stop Whining, Start Shooting

historianx's gear list:historianx's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D7100 Nikon D500
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow