Very impressed with the Canon Pro-100

Started Jan 28, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fcracer Senior Member • Posts: 1,761
Very impressed with the Canon Pro-100

I've been printing a lot of images lately and it's a real hassle to do it here in China, so I decided to pick up a Canon Pro-100. We don't get discounts or rebates here so the price was full retail.

Unboxing and setting it up was a breeze, especially after watching a few youtube videos to prepare me, but this one in particular was useful: How to set up The NEW CANON Pixma PRO-100! Setup and Basic Use

I was able to get the printer unboxed, Wifi setup, print drivers installed, head alignment and test prints done, all within an hour or so. It went much smoother than expected.

I did a first real print on A4 Pro Lustre paper directly from Capture One. The print turned out amazing and matched the screen image very well (I did boost the exposure 0.2 stops and upped the contrast about 5 in C1).

I then took that same image and exported as TIF and opened in Photoshop to use the Print Studio Pro plugin. Again, the print turned out excellent, albeit slightly darker than the one from Capture One. I think C1 was using relative and PSP was using perceptual for the rendering intent.

Subsequently, I've printed 15 prints in borderless 13x19 A3+ on Lustre paper and am very happy with the results. I had read horror stories about setting this printer up, but I ran into no issues, everything just works. Colours look bright and accurate, paper feeds smoothly, wifi works great, and the prints are spectacular.

Based off my limited experience, I'd highly recommend this printer, even for newbies such as myself.

-- hide signature --

Instagram: fcracer
Flickr: fcracer

fcracer's gear list:fcracer's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica M11 Sony a7R V Fujifilm GFX 100 II Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow