How to use remote shutter and wireless flash sync simultaneously

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
OP MisterCody New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Remote shutter circuit

Thanks for the reply, John. I am just now seeing the replies since I didn't the notifications I had signed up for on this post.

I appreciate your explanation and it makes sense on one had, but I am also struggling to understand why the hot shoe connection is at all necessary for a wireless shutter release. My simple understanding is that the wireless remote communicates with the receiver which then communicates with the camera via the cable plugged into the accessory terminal.

In my reply above to Kli I mentioned I was able to get it to work (without mounting to the hot shoe) when I used it in manual focus mode. The vast amounts of settings available in digital cameras are overwhelming to be honest, so I am still trying to determine at what point the camera is getting hung up. I am feeling like it is an autofocus issue now.

In any case I appreciate you taking the time to help me troubleshoot. I will post a reply if I can find a definitive answer to what is causing my shutter to not fire consistently.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow