Faststone alternatives for Mac

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
afterburn Senior Member • Posts: 1,039
Re: Faststone alternatives for Mac

User5410970807 wrote:

Let me start by saying I think Faststone Image viewer is one of the best free I have ever encountered and I use it a great deal. I moved away from Adobe image products several years back when I switched from Mac to Windows. Well now that Windows 10 has successfully wiped out my HP system I looking at Mac again. However, not having Faststone is a real issue for me. My primary postprocesser became Silkypix after several year of experimenting with it. Only Faststone gave it a run and the two combined is all I need. If I move overto Mac again I will install Silkypix Pro 8 or whatever version is current. In many ways itis superior to Faststone (FS) but FS has some features Silkypix is short on, not many, but still the two together make a great team. I think Lightroom might match well with Silkypix on Mac. However, the Mac I want is $2600, so I am dragging my feet, but the constant outpooring of poorly designed Windows up=grades over the last decade has cost me a lot of time down and three high cost HP computers. My Macs I used in my business had a long stable life. So if Boot camp cannot run Faststone and create files that my Mac programs can work with then I guess I may have to live, learn and adapt without FS.

So for you people who use FS and Lightroom the question is how do these two programs compare. A little infor from those who have used both might help me and others.

It would help if you describe the features you need your FS replacement to do.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800/Fuji X-T1

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow