Faststone alternatives for Mac

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
afterburn Senior Member • Posts: 1,033
Re: Faststone alternatives for Mac

User5410970807 wrote:

Let me start by saying I think Faststone Image viewer is one of the best free I have ever encountered and I use it a great deal. I moved away from Adobe image products several years back when I switched from Mac to Windows. Well now that Windows 10 has successfully wiped out my HP system I looking at Mac again. However, not having Faststone is a real issue for me. My primary postprocesser became Silkypix after several year of experimenting with it. Only Faststone gave it a run and the two combined is all I need. If I move overto Mac again I will install Silkypix Pro 8 or whatever version is current. In many ways itis superior to Faststone (FS) but FS has some features Silkypix is short on, not many, but still the two together make a great team. I think Lightroom might match well with Silkypix on Mac. However, the Mac I want is $2600, so I am dragging my feet, but the constant outpooring of poorly designed Windows up=grades over the last decade has cost me a lot of time down and three high cost HP computers. My Macs I used in my business had a long stable life. So if Boot camp cannot run Faststone and create files that my Mac programs can work with then I guess I may have to live, learn and adapt without FS.

So for you people who use FS and Lightroom the question is how do these two programs compare. A little infor from those who have used both might help me and others.

It would help if you describe the features you need your FS replacement to do.

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow