Loxia 25 on its way...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 1,692
Re: What's the advantage of this duplication?

silentstorm wrote:

terryreid wrote:

Just my two cents since this thread will not go away. Rather than a 100 macro with the already supurb 90 Macro and the 100 STF I think a 135mm Macro would knock it out of the park.

I say this for a couple of reasons, go where they ain't for starters. Even a 110mm would be better than a 100 IMO.

I have been waiting for a Loxia 135mm since I got my 85mm. I have used my 90 macro a lot on a APS-C a6500 where the reach is 135mm but you could have that with a full frame a7RIII instead and a very valuable and popular focal length beside the macro use and you are not competeing with two of the sharpest lenses that are made for Sony E Mount.

A side benefit is on a a6500 you have a 202.5mm Loxia Yippeeee!

Sounds great. I just have a feeling Zeiss is more likely to release a 100mm Makro Planar than a 135mm cos' they already have strong knowledge of that optics. Minimize research costs basically.

That could be but why would you think a company like Zeiss would have any trouble at all making a world class 135mm lens.

I would surmise that they have about as much ability as any other company in the world right now to do so. I think Sony Zeiss Canon and Nikon and others can build as high a quality of lens as they choose today.

-- hide signature --

-Terry

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony RX1R +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow