Loxia 25 on its way...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 1,631
Re: What's the advantage of this duplication?

silentstorm wrote:

biza43 wrote:

silentstorm wrote:

Imagine that capability is streamlined into 1. Anyway, I noticed we have strayed from the original discussion, ie. duplicating the same FL is a waste of resources for Zeiss. Yes, those different FL available is really good, if Zeiss could add a 100mm makro, that makes more sense than duplicating another 35mm. IMO a 100mm makro is a better use of resources.

Maybe they will introduce one in the future, if they think there is a market for it.

There definitely is a market for the 100mm Makro lens. Before the Sony FE90mm, many people have used 3rd party options like Tokina or Zeiss ZF to serve that purpose on adapters, including Sony SAL 100mm macro. Very tempted to get the FE90 myself but holding back for the FE70-300.

No, this seems to be an endless discussion about how you do not understand Zeiss reasons to introduce a Loxia 25mm f/2.4 lens (not another 35mm lens as you wrote a few times already...).

Doh! Sorry for that mistake. I was looking at the Sigma 35mm/1.4 ART, so got mixed up. LOL!

Just my two cents since this thread will not go away. Rather than a 100 macro with the already supurb 90 Macro and the 100 STF I think a 135mm Macro would knock it out of the park.

I say this for a couple of reasons, go where they ain't for starters. Even a 110mm would be better than a 100 IMO.

I have been waiting for a Loxia 135mm since I got my 85mm. I have used my 90 macro a lot on a APS-C a6500 where the reach is 135mm but you could have that with a full frame a7RIII instead and a very valuable and popular focal length beside the macro use and you are not competeing with two of the sharpest lenses that are made for Sony E Mount.

A side benefit is on a a6500 you have a 202.5mm Loxia Yippeeee!

-- hide signature --

-Terry

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow