D850 - Question about MUP/LV/Q and EFCS for remote release cables

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JediMasterMatt Forum Member • Posts: 58
D850 - Question about MUP/LV/Q and EFCS for remote release cables

Greetings all - I'm getting ready to take my first trip with my D850 and want to see what is possible in using the new EFCS technology when I'm using my tripod, especially when using it in conjunction with any mode that will get the mirror out of the way.

I frequently use bulb mode to capture fireworks bursts and I'm trying to figure out a way to take the mirror out of the equation without introducing a second click on the remote release cable to close the shutter.   In my D800e, I never could figure out a way to have the mirror up and get the release cable to function to open the shutter on the press of the cable and close it at the release of it.

Is there a way on the D850 to keep control of the shutter open/close and minimize the mirror without adding in extra presses?

Is putting the camera into LV and then use Q mode the closest I could get to this with the only drawback the LV screen being on the whole time the shutter button isn't pressed?  I definitely don't want to add any extra delay as timing is crucial in capturing fireworks bursts.

My tried and true method of leaving the camera in single release mode isn't really an issue other than the slap of the mirror.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nikon D800E Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow