Loxia 25 on its way...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,213
Re: What's the advantage of this duplication?

silentstorm wrote:

Imagine that capability is streamlined into 1. Anyway, I noticed we have strayed from the original discussion, ie. duplicating the same FL is a waste of resources for Zeiss. Yes, those different FL available is really good, if Zeiss could add a 100mm makro, that makes more sense than duplicating another 35mm. IMO a 100mm makro is a better use of resources.

Maybe they will introduce one in the future, if they think there is a market for it.

They can do even better if they make Canon & Nikon Milvus AF lenses. Why don't they? I have to make a correction here, my original intent was to emphasis on duplicating FL, not streamlining it to 1 range, that got stray off somehow. LOL!

Because Canon and Nikon have not released and/or sold their mount specs and AF algorithms to 3rd parties. Other companies making AF lenses for those two mounts are back-engineering things, with concomitant problems now and then. Zeiss does not want to, and does not need to, go through all that hassle.

No worries, it's a free forum. I prefer Otus to obtuse though. LOL! It's a lens discussion afterall!

No, this seems to be an endless discussion about how you do not understand  Zeiss reasons to introduce a Loxia 25mm f/2.4 lens (not another 35mm lens as you wrote a few times already...).

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 35 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow