"weather sealing"?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
graytrekker
graytrekker Regular Member • Posts: 263
"weather sealing"?

I am a backpacker/landscaper and am considering a new Nikon system for this summer. Weight is somewhat important, but second to image quality. The two APS-C bodies I am looking at are the 5600 and the 7200. The specs on the 7200 list "weather sealed", the 5600, not. My question is not which is the more capable camera - I think they will both meet my needs, with the 5600 now $350 cheaper (and nearly half a pound lighter). Regardless, I was planning on the 16-80 lens.

I would not have the camera out in the rain, but one cannot avoid inclement weather - a light drizzle in the middle of shoot, fog, etc.  In the case of real rain, the camera would be safely stowed - but there is the humidity during and after these events.

My question is about the weather sealing.  Should this attribute be a significant issue to consider when choosing a body given that the lens isn't sealed? (I don't think the 16-80 is weather sealed)

Thanks!

graytrekker's gear list:graytrekker's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Df Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow