Nikon Wedding Photographer 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens replacement?

Started Jan 23, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuiruboon New Member • Posts: 7
Nikon Wedding Photographer 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens replacement?

Hi,

So my 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens needed servicing and they quoted £700. I said no thanks and have decided to buy a new lens to compliment my 70 - 200 2.8 VR lens.

I'm at a loss though at whether or not to purchase the Tamron 24 - 70mm G2 (great reviews) or pick up some prime lenses.

I like to work fast and understand there is a requirement to change lens with primes but if I do swap to a prime workflow then I would like a lens that has the best autofocus for capturing the action on a d750.

I was thinking of purchasing two lenses and maybe even a 3rd camera. Maybe a smaller camera with just a 50mm 1.8G lens and another lens 20mm/24mm?

I use the money maker dual harness set up so I could easily hang another camera. Maybe it's time to get a small mirrorless to complement a nikon d750 with a wide angle and a d750 with the 70 - 200mm?

What do people think? Any suggestions for a good small mirrorless camera that could benefit from nikon lenses too? Something that doesn't exactly break the bank as I'm trying to replace the 24 - 70mm nikon lens...

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow