Nikon Wedding Photographer 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens replacement?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuiruboon New Member • Posts: 7
Nikon Wedding Photographer 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens replacement?

Hi,

So my 24 - 70mm 2.8 lens needed servicing and they quoted £700. I said no thanks and have decided to buy a new lens to compliment my 70 - 200 2.8 VR lens.

I'm at a loss though at whether or not to purchase the Tamron 24 - 70mm G2 (great reviews) or pick up some prime lenses.

I like to work fast and understand there is a requirement to change lens with primes but if I do swap to a prime workflow then I would like a lens that has the best autofocus for capturing the action on a d750.

I was thinking of purchasing two lenses and maybe even a 3rd camera. Maybe a smaller camera with just a 50mm 1.8G lens and another lens 20mm/24mm?

I use the money maker dual harness set up so I could easily hang another camera. Maybe it's time to get a small mirrorless to complement a nikon d750 with a wide angle and a d750 with the 70 - 200mm?

What do people think? Any suggestions for a good small mirrorless camera that could benefit from nikon lenses too? Something that doesn't exactly break the bank as I'm trying to replace the 24 - 70mm nikon lens...

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow