I have never had an issue with LR until now

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
col4bin
col4bin Contributing Member • Posts: 875
I have never had an issue with LR until now

Lightroom has always been fine for me.  I know LR very well since I have been using it since v1. Performance was never a big issue for me.

This all changed last week. I bought the Sony A7RIII and my MBP seems to have to work a lot harder to process images. As soon as I start working on a file the fans kick in and get pretty loud. It’s quite distracting and does not fair well if I am not plugged in. Everthimg in LR now feels sluggish.

I have Capture One v10 but I have resisted using it. Learning a new tool seems almost insurmountable to me. With that said, C1P does appear to better manage processing power as my fans do not kick in and overall it feels snappier with the large files.

I feel like I have no choice but to consider C1P. A new laptop is not in the cards right now and I have no intentions of getting a new Mac until Apple gives us the ability to add more than 16gb RAM. Rumors indicate this is not coming until 2019.

I am going to try DxO PL as soon as they support my camera and see how that runs on my MBP. I have Luminar but that is a joke. It takes 30s to open a file from my new camera.

col4bin's gear list:col4bin's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 85mm F2.4 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow