Lost pictures using same SD card in 2 cameras :(

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TonyJohns Regular Member • Posts: 211
Lost pictures using same SD card in 2 cameras :(

I was recently in Israel. I had two Nikon cameras with me. A new D850 and my old D600. Unfortunately after I left my hotel room I realised that I had forgotten to take my new memory card that I had gotten for my D850 with me.

That meant that the only memory card I had was in the D600. I ended up using the same memory card and swapping it between the two different cameras. I am now so disappointed to find out that when I put the memory card into my computer, I find that not a single image that was taken using the D850 has been stored on the memory card! I see that there has been a folder created for the D850 but its completely empty. It is so disappointing as I had taken quite a few images that I was really looking forward to viewing on the computer and its so disappointing to realize that they aren't there!

Its probably the first time I have used the same memory card in two cameras but this was completely unexpected. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem or if there is some possible way to recover these images. It is the worst feeling ever knowing you have captured images you are very happy with after reviewing them on the back of the camera only to find them not there at all when you get back.

Maybe there is something I'm missing or something I did wrong. I just wouldn't want this to happen to someone else.

Tony

Screenshot of the folders visible on the memory card showing a folder created for the D850 but its empty!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow