Macro set up / gear question

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rolandb
rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,292
Macro set up / gear question

Hi guys,,

I posted this on the Macro forum a few days ago thinking that would be the best place to ask,, but having had no replies at all, I thought I"d post here if that's OK. Sorry for mentioning Nikon in the question

"I wondered if I may ask a question,, one of my "passions" is flower photography,  but now feel I'd like to get closer & sharper results so am thinking of investing in a "proper" set up.

Nearly all my shots are indoors tripod mounted so I suppose camera size is not too important although I'm not looking to have anything too heavy and had thought of a used Nikon D5100 or D5300, or maybe a micro 4/3rd set up,, something along those lines. Any thoughts on that would be welcome,,

Also, not sure as to what lens to put with it,, ie a 50 / 60mm or something like a 90mm, unsure as to which would be best.

Hoping to keep the purchase of both items to around the £600 mark, so any help,, suggestions,, info would be appreciated"

I asked because I just feel that I need to "step up" from my compacts now for my macro shots.

Thanks for looking guys.

Roland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolandb52/

"" I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turn into a photograph.""

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5100 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow