Lightroom and ACDsee

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeffpe Regular Member • Posts: 103
Lightroom and ACDsee

Like many others, I'm not very happy with Adobe's current direction towards subscriptions.  I went to their site to see if I could still order the stand-alone version of Lightroom and it was nowhere to be found.  I had a chat session with their support and they sent a link that did indeed provide a way to order the stand-alone version, but it's pretty clear that they are not encouraging that route.  I was assured that the stand-alone version would be upgraded along with the cloud versions in the future... not sure whether to believe that or not at this point.

I've also purchased ACDsee based on the favorable comments I've seen in this forum.  I recently had to rebuild my PC and ACDsee was considerably easier to reinstall than Lightroom.  ACDsee is also faster.  However, there are a few things I don't like about ACDsee and I wonder if others have run into these.

I've been editing a photo with snow/ice on a lake on a cloudy day.  It seems that ACDsee has too much vibrance which results in the snow looking blueish (even after manually setting white balance).  If I turn down the vibrance I can get a more natural-looking image that compares to Lightroom.

When in Lightroom, I tend to edit many images, then select them and export all of them at once. In ACDsee, I can't move off the current image without being prompted to save it.

Thoughts?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow