image recognition software

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mvkuilen Forum Member • Posts: 69
image recognition software

Is there any software that runs locally on a PC that can scan an image and apply a keyword based on parameters I would input?

I've got thousands and thousands of images, dating back to the days of film (those have been scanned) that are slowly becoming lost because I can't remember their content. Usually the date and location will be enough of a trigger to help remember the subject(s) but lately, too often I remember an image but don't remember when and where.

I imagine I would give it a sample image and have it rank the target set of images according to how close it matches the sample. I would then only have to review the top x% to assign a keyword. At least the bulk of the first pas selection process would be done and have keywords applied.

Is this possible today or are we not there yet in terms of local computing power?

mvkuilen's gear list:mvkuilen's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow