I am about to let my K1 and lenses go..

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 11,813
I am about to let my K1 and lenses go..

I have been using Pentax for a number of years now but I have come to the conclusion that mirrorless is where my heart is for a number of reasons.  That said, I am really torn regarding my K1 and lenses.  I have procrastinated for the last year as to whether I will stay in the Pentax system and continue to be a two system owner or simplify my life and just use one system (Fuji).  I have decided that one system is a better choice both strategically and economically.

I own a mint K1 with very little use and the FA 31, FA 43 and FA 77.  I also have the 35mm macro.  The camera produces great images but I just don't love using it.  I can't explain it.  It just doesn't suit me for some reason.

So, I beg some advice as to the value of this gear and the best place to offer it for sale.

Camera and lenses are in like new condition.  Really.. not a scratch, ding or rub on any of them.  I have always taken great care of my gear.

So, what suggestions does this group have to offer?

What would you suggest as a fair price for these items?

By the way, KEH and other such buyers don't come close to offering a fair price as they have to make their own profit in order to exist.  The same goes for local camera stores.

I live in the Dallas, Texas area and would really prefer to sell locally.  Ebay is not a platform I wish to use and Craig's List comes with its own set of problems, plenty of scammers and constant lowballers.

All items come with original packaging, accessories, etc.  I would just like your thoughts and suggestions on parting with this gear.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
Gear is not the answer.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow